Monday, April 28, 2008

Prayer Request

Just a break from my travels to ask your prayers for my sister. In our youth here in the hot sun of Australia we use to sunbake relentlessly, thinking we were not beautiful unless a dark brown. We are paying for that now. My sister has to be checked every 3 months and just before I left, she had a suspicious spot taken from her back. She has emailed me that it was a melanoma. I do pray they caught it in time. All I know is the doctor wants to check and may carry out a further operation in 6 weeks before I return home. Please pray it has not spread. Thanks.

6 comments:

Alcibiades said...

Prayers ascending - let her know we're thinking of her.

Davis said...

She's in our prayers.

Brian R said...

Thanks, I knew I could count on both of you.

June Butler said...

Brian, I'm praying, too. I'm so sorry. Since she is checked so frequently, perhaps, the melanoma has not had time to spread. I pray that is the case.

We did the sunbathing, too, and I never even got brown, only red and then peeling. We didn't know.

Your photos from your travels are lovely, but I know it's hard to be away from family in troubled times.

Boaz said...

I agree with everything Mimi has said Brian. Your sister is no doubt in good hands, try to enjoy your trip. I'll be praying for your sister. The photos look great!

Anonymous said...

Want to let you know your sister is my prayers, too. Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll be glad looking back that you fully enjoyed your trip.