Thursday, July 15, 2010

Walking on Otago Peninsula

It is 6 months next week since I moved to live in Dunedin.  I am still in love with the city.

On Tuesday my walking group climbed up the Otago Peninsula. I was not sure I would be able to go as on Monday there was a severe frost and when I drove down the hill at 12.30pm the paths on the shady side were still white. The council spreads grit on the road but there are still warnings about black ice. However Tuesday was much warmer and there was no sign of frost. It was a beautifu lday and I took the first two photos from the top of the peninsula looking out at the mouth of Otago Harbour and across the hill called Harbour Cone which we plan to climb in November after I return from my world trip.


We had lunch under one of the many old trees and later as we descended we looked back at the city.

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I can see why you've fallen in love with it.

motheramelia said...

Gorgeous pictures. I envy you your walking group.